New Zealand Poetry Society
The New Zealand Poetry Society is an incorporated non-profit organisation which aims to advance education by promoting, developing and supporting poetry and poets in New Zealand. The NZPS - CC20250 - is a registered charitable entity in terms of the Charities Act 2005. For more information visit the Charities Register at http://www.charities.govt.nz/. Donations over $5 are tax-deductible in New Zealand and greatly appreciated.
Useful page links:
- The 2014 International Poetry Competition results are out, and you can find them at: http://www.poetrysociety.org.nz/2014competitionresults.
The poems and haiku are currently with the anthology editor, Nola Borrell. She will select poems to be published, and her deadline for notifying the authors of selection is 31st August.
Entrants are reminded that all poems remain available for publication by us until 31st August, and MUST NOT be submitted elsewhere
until after that date.
- Anthology - The 2014 Anthology will be launched in Wellington on the first Saturday in November. The 2013 Anthology can be ordered at: http://www.poetrysociety.org.nz/2013anthologyorder
- a fine line is our bimonthly magazine, with a feature article, poetry book reviews, details of poetry opportunities, and much more. We publish poems submitted by our members only. Submissions to sections other than the poetry page are welcome from non-members. Current deadline: 1 September. See publication guidelines at: http://www.poetrysociety.org.nz/aboutsubmissionguidelines
You can read past copies by clicking here.
- Monthly Meetings - find out details of meetings: http://www.poetrysociety.org.nz/comingevents#nzps We gratefully acknowledge the support of our monthly meeting host: The Thistle Inn.
- Facebook - Follow us on https://www.facebook.com/NewZealandPoetrySociety
Twitter - Follow us on https://twitter.com/NZPS
Fundraising support options:
Everyone loves good food and feeling good about the food they are eating. Organic Boxes delivers fresh certified organic fruit and vegetables direct from the grower to your home each week. It's fresh, tasty, nutritious and good for the environment too. Organic Boxes delivers anywhere in the North Island (except for R.D. addresses).
Order at: http://organicboxes.co.nz/ Use the Code NZPS2013 in the Voucher Code box, and not only do you get a really good selection of organic foods, but you help us in the process! It's win-win! Sign up now, at Organic Boxes.
We are affiliated with Fishpond so that every time you enter their online store via our website and then make a purchase, we get a tiny wee cut of what you spend. You can enter Fishpond through our affiliation portal by clicking on any of the titles on our Bookshelf or Reviewed Books pages.
Help The New Zealand Poetry Society raise money by doing the occasional survey by email. Every time you complete a survey we'll get paid for it! Click this link to sign up: http://www.buzzthepeople.co.nz/helpfundraise.aspx?s=303A8CBB
This fundraising programme is run through a website called BuzzthePeople, and they've raised over $349,474.91 for New Zealand charities, schools and individuals since they started in 2005. When you do the surveys you'll also have the chance to win prizes with monthly giveaways and the occasional big prize (they've given away 3 cars, laptops, iPhones and iPad + 3 lots of $10,000 cash over the same period).
Buzz runs surveys for all sorts of organisations, ranging from Government departments to ad agencies and media companies. You can unsubscribe at any time you like and they never use our member details for any promotional offers.
Please do sign up - and send this link to all your friends too so we can make a real difference!
This website is hosted and supported by Signify, a smarter web company.
We are grateful to Community Post for its generous support of postage costs related with administering the Junior sections of our annual poetry competition. We also acknowledge the invaluable assistance of Zeald.com for e-business consultancy.